Sunday, June 10, 2012

Peer Comments


Hello Elise,
                  
Dave Stewart here. I really enjoyed visiting your blog.                      
You’re blog about The Beatles was well written.  
I believe I enjoyed it as much as you did writing it.
      One of the most remarkable things about this group was their ability to create    
      music that touched the hearts of people around the globe. The lyrical content     
      in each song was always from the heart. Some people throw tracks on a        
      record and call it a day but The Beatles wanted every song on their albums to
      be what they wanted.

       Since I was a boy I wanted to know what artist or engineers did to get the
       that they were using. I used to imagine what my voice would sound like that 
       way. I got some of my answers so in the first two weeks of this class.
       The recording techniques used on both Pet Sounds and Revolver has greatly
       influenced me. I can see in your writing that you enjoy studying different
       artist. Your page is beautiful. It makes me feel young again. Every paragraph
       is constructed perfectly. They were brief and concise. It also makes me think
       of my blog and how I “blabbed” too much. 
  
       Keep up the good work  
      P.S, I did not see a peer comment page so I left it here.






Jason,
         I really enjoyed reading your blog. It was very informative. I was really impressed with your lead paragraph and how it took me to the next. After that
everything just fell into place. The page itself is easy on the eyes.

I don’t think many people know how great an impact on “Black America” this group had. I will discuss this more in my blog but I will say that Kraftwerk influenced Teddy Riley and Teddy Riley gave us “New Jack Swing” which leads us to another genre of music that hasn’t been discussed.

Lastly I would like to encourage you to use the spelling and grammar check more often. I know sometimes we do forget to do that one last check but it’s all for our benefit.

Thanks for sharing.




Good evening Laman. I enjoyed reading your blog about Phil Spector. I think one of the most extraordinary things about Mr. Spector was how harsh he treated those that worked for him.  I’ve come to learn that some situations can only be dealt with by harsh. Some people work better under pressure/stress and I think that was Phil’s way of getting the most out musicians. He isn’t the only one that has used this strange technique.  As we have learn in this short month there were 3 others who used different but yet harsh methods to achieve the sound they were seeking.

I have to say that I was thrown for a loop when he was first charged. Whenever a celebrity is charged with a high profile crime it makes us all wonder. Let’s not forget that Robert Blake was also charged with a crime.
This raised many questions on my behalf. I didn’t know how to take it.  Here we have two Film and music legends both being charged with murder and it left me wondering why do certain famous people always get themselves in trouble.

Phil will always be remembered for his classic sound to the older generation but I think many young people will view him as a “coo-coo.”

Thanks for sharing.



      



No comments:

Post a Comment